Brisbane City Council will be conducting aerial mosquito treatment today, Tuesday 7 April.
The aerial mosquito treatment will be undertaken by helicopters, commencing around 11am at Tinchi Tamba Wetlands and including Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall Wetlands, Brisbane Airport, Port of Brisbane, Pinkenba, Tingalpa, Hemmant and along Bulimba Creek, as well as Mud, St Helena and Green Islands.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
• limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk
• applying mosquito repellents regularly
• wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors
• screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning
• using mosquito coils and lanterns.