Planned aerial mosquito treatment
Brisbane City Council wishes to advise that an aerial mosquito treatment is planned for Monday 3 May 2021 and may extend into the following day.
The aerial mosquito treatment will be undertaken by helicopters, commencing around 7am, covering areas including Tinchi Tamba Wetlands, Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall Wetlands, Brisbane Airport, Port of Brisbane, Pinkenba, Tingalpa, Hemmant and along Bulimba and Tingalpa Creeks, as well as Mud, St Helena and Green Islands (weather conditions permitting).
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk
- applying mosquitorepellents regularly
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors
- screening doors and windows or using mosquitonets or air-conditioning
- using mosquitocoils and lanterns.
For more information, visit brisbane.qld.gov.au or phone Council on (07) 3403 8888.