Aerial mosquito treatment by helicopter is planned to commence 10:00am Tuesday 03 October and may extend into Wednesday 04 October.
It will cover areas including Tinchi Tamba Wetlands, Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall Wetlands, Brisbane Airport, Port of Brisbane, Pinkenba, Tingalpa, Hemmant and along Bulimba and Tingalpa Creeks as well as Mud Island, St Helena Island and Green Island, weather permitting.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk
- applying mosquito repellents regularly
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors
- screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning
- using mosquito coils and lanterns.
For more information, visit brisbane.qld.gov.au or call Council on 07 3403 8888.