Update on the planned aerial mosquito treatment Bald Hills
Brisbane City Council wishes to advise that the aerial mosquito treatment previously advised for Sunday 12 January and Monday 13 January will now extend into Tuesday 14 January and Wednesday 15 January. This is because of high winds over this period impacting the ability of the helicopters to fly safely.
The additional aerial mosquito treatment will commence around 7am and cover areas from Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall, Brisbane Airport, Tingalpa, Pinkenba, Fisherman and Whyte Islands, Hemmant and along Bulimba Creek, as well as Mud, St Helena and Green Islands.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
• limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk
• applying mosquito repellents regularly
• wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors
• screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning
• using mosquito coils and lanterns.
For more information, phone Council on (07) 3403 8888