Zillmere Library will be refurbished to provide a fit-for-purpose facility that meets the modern needs of the local community.
Works will take place from Early February 2023, from 6am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, with Saturday works as required.
The refurbishment will include:
- a new entrance
- a vibrant new children’s area
- a dedicated young adult area
- upgraded public toilet amenities
- improved seating for study and reading
- updates to internal finishes including new carpet, furniture and feature lighting
- improved external landscaping.
Access to certain areas of the library will be restricted in stages as works progress. You can also expect some noise from hand-held tools and construction workers moving around the library.
If you live or work near the library, you may experience some noise related to the works. There may also be some pedestrian detours in place, so please follow any signs and directions from traffic controllers.
Minimal street carparking along Jennings Street will be temporarily impacted to allow contractor staging and machinery access during the works.
The Library will be temporarily closed for approximately two weeks to complete major works (dates to be confirmed)
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Zillmere Library Refurbishment
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.