Brisbane City Council wishes to advise that an aerial mosquito treatment is planned for Sunday 10 May and may extend into the following day.
The aerial mosquito treatment will be undertaken by helicopters, commencing around 7am at Tinchi Tamba Wetlands and including Bald Hills, Brighton, Boondall Wetlands, Brisbane Airport, Port of Brisbane, Pinkenba, Tingalpa, Hemmant and along Bulimba and Tingalpa Creeks, as well as Mud, St Helena and Green Islands.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk
- applying mosquito repellents regularly
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors
- screening doors and windows or using mosquito nets or air-conditioning
- using mosquito coils and lanterns.
For more information, visit brisbane.qld.gov.au or phone Council on (07) 3403 8888.